Celebrate all that Kingswood Park has to offer during Parks & Recreation Month in July!
- What do you envision as your perfect picnic? - a quiet breakfast with a good book under a tree, brunch with friends, a spontaneous stop along the trail with your kids...
- The community is encouraged to pack a picnic and visit Kingswood Park during Parks & Rec month in July!
- This is an informal time to enjoy the park - just relax, unwind, and explore.
- While you're here, take a moment to visit the pollinator gardens and prairie to discover how they've evolved, walk along the Fairy & Gnome Trail, or check out what's new in the Little Free Library.
- Parking is limited at Kingswood; if the lot is full, why not make it an adventure and check out one of Deerfield's other parks today? You might just discover a new favorite!
- Don't forget to share your fun with us on social media by tagging #ChooseDeerfield.
Kingswood Prairie Information
- This will be the 2nd growing season for the prairie, which was planted in Spring of 2021 on the north side of the park.
- The prairie is currently in the establishment phase.
- During these first few growing seasons, the prairie plants are spending most of their energy establishing their root systems.
- Prairies take patience. It usually takes 3-5 years for a prairie to fully establish.
- Prairie plants have a variety of bloom times to help support a healthy ecosystem and local wildlife. It can be an adventure to see the differences from one month to the next.
- At the end of the growing season, prairie plants still play an important role for wildlife by providing seed and cover during colder months and nesting sites in the spring.
Special Treat (July 13th, 12pm - 2pm)
KONA Ice will be at the Community Pavilion from 12:00pm - 2:00pm. The first 150 people get a free Klassic Size KONA Ice.
Special Activity (July 13th, 4pm - 6pm)
SweeTees will be set up with free disc golf on the north side of the park.