Fairy and Gnome Home Trails
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Take a magical walk along the trail at your local park and see how many fairy and gnome homes you can spot!
View the Fairy/Gnome Trails
- Please note that the fairy/gnome trails are dependent upon community participation for the creation and placement of homes.
- Visit your local park and look for signs along the trail to indicate the start and end of the the Fairy/Gnome Trail.
- A great way to add variety to your outdoor walk - stroll along and see how many you can spot!
- Each designated park location features a different theme. Please see below for more details.
- Say thank you to those who created the fairy/gnome homes by taking a photo of you enjoying the trail and tag #ChooseDeerfield on social media!
Make a Fairy/Gnome Home for the Trails
- We encourage the community to get in touch with nature and make fairy/gnome homes to be included in the trails!
- Fairy/Gnome homes may be made in the comfort of your own home - just set out your home on July 7th along the designated trail to be included! Please see below for important details.
- Important Dates
- July 7th: Place your home along the designated trail.
- July 8th - 13th: View homes along the trails.
- July 14th/15th: Help clean up by removing your fairy/gnome home from the trail.
- Guidelines for creating fairy/gnome homes.
- Homes must be family friendly. (No sales, political, vulgar, or offensive content allowed.)
- Project size should be no more than a 12"x12" floor space and follow the theme of the park.
- Ensure that materials are appropriate for outdoor weather, such as rain.
- Home creators are encouraged to use natural materials and recyclables.
- Avoid using food products that may attract wildlife.
- Need some inspiration? Join us before the June 24th Movie in the Park for a free Fairy/Gnome Home Building event. Please click here for more details.
Additional Forms and Files: