Join your neighbors to cultivate fresh vegetables in the Community Garden.
- The Township expects to open the gardens the first week of April, weather permitting. A specific date will be emailed to plot holders.
- The garden is open from 7am to dusk from April through October.
- Plots are 4x4 raised beds.
- Gardeners may reserve more than one plot.
- Plot numbers are assigned by the Township and will be emailed to participants prior to opening day.
- The garden design was based on the square foot gardening method. For more information on this method, please visit the Square Foot Gardening website.
- We appreciate gardeners doing their part by "putting their garden to bed" and cleaning up their plot at the end of the season. Deerfield reserves the right to restrict gardeners from returning if this is not completed.
- Gardeners that are returning must register for the following season by October 31st in order to leave their fencing in place. Fencing will be discarded after October 31st on all plots that have not been reserved for the following season.
- Cultivating, weeding, and watering their own plots
- Determining the best growing season for the crops they are cultivating
- Ensuring their plot is in cultivated status by June 1st
- Giving consideration to others by planting tall crops where they will have the least impact on neighboring gardeners. (Crops and structures over 6ft tall are not allowed)
- "Putting their garden to bed" and leaving plots as they found them in the spring by October 31st
Common-Sense List of No's
- No pets
- No motorized vehicles
- No littering
- No loud music
- No invasive plants (i.e. mint any variety)
- No taking food that is not yours
Reserving a Plot
- To reserve a plot, please log in to your account.
- If you do not have an account, you can create one here.
- Senior Citizens, 60 years and above, will receive the resident rate. This reduced rate will be reflected in your cart at check out.
Additional Forms and Files: